New Scottrade User - Is there a newbie's guide to this very powerful tool? A simple way to scan for volume surges, volatility, and trending?I am frankly overwhelmed by the options here. Thanks.
Good question. There are alot of places to start. Here's a list:
- The User Manual to get a feel for how everything works: http://static.trade-ideas.com/TIPro/Trade-Ideas_Pro_User_Guide.doc
- Use the Pre-configured strategies. By using them you can understand how we model different patterns. Start with the one that most resembles the way you like to trade and slowly start to change things and watch what happens.
- Read our blog - it has many articles you'll find helpful: http://marketmovers.blogspot.com/
- Watch some of our videos that describe how we look at volume, volatility and the like (some of it is a little dry but its worth the visit): http://www.trade-ideas.com/VideoHelp/Menu.html?video=Introduction%20to%20Volume
- If you are a paid subscriber to Trade-Ideas PRO, reply to this post in the comments and we can even schedule a one-on-one training session for you with our Director of Training, Jaime Hodge (email@example.com).
The posts in the support forum may also help you. I hope this helps. We try very hard to bring what is massively complex analysis of the markets down to something tangible that's useful and provides real information leverage. Good luck.