Reader, my reason for sharing this with you is because I am tasked with coming up with the latest version of our company's "elevator pitch" or soundbite. In January we begin appearances on major radio shows throughout the country designed to inform listeners and potential subscribers about our company and its technology, Trade-Ideas.
If the name doesn't tell you enough of what we do - then I ask you to read a moment further and help me evaluate if any of the following taglines and explanation resonate with you. Consider yourself in the comfortable environs of the Trade-Ideas Focus Group on Marketing Communications. Thank you for your time and welcome.
- Topic A: The tool that defines an activity or the individual that defines a team. Trade-Ideas is the first tool traders use to get themselves to the top in performance.
Tagline: "Trade-Ideas: Direction - when you need it most"
- Where on the mountain would you be without your sherpa? Basecamp
Where would you be with Trade-Ideas? At the peak
- What would Caruso be without his Friday? Lunch for the cannibals
What could you be with Trade-Ideas? Survivor: Wall Street (Executive Producer)
- Topic B: People often settle for less unknowingly or because they don't have access. Trade-Ideas provides access to the best view of the market: yours.
Tagline: "Trade-Ideas: Why settle for any other view but the best?"
- Why settle for this view? (One apartment window looking into another apartment's party)
When you can have this view (Inside the party, everyone toasting their glasses)
- Why settle for this view? (nosebleed seats at Lambeau Field - winter)
When you can have this view (High-fiving Michael Vick along the sidelines - Superbowl, Miami)
I will add some additional candidates, but I would like to structure this like elimination rounds where these two topics face off and the winner takes on a third topic I'll post later.
Thanks for any and all input.